After working with hundreds of weight loss clients over the years I have identified the 6 most popular weight loss topics. This article explains them.
I’ve written about weight loss before, but I’d like talk about it in more detail today. There’s an old saying that goes something like this, “Until your disgust and dislike of the status quo is greater than your disgust and dislike of making change, nothing is going to change.”
It sounds obvious, but for a lot of people who want to lose weight, the idea of actually changing their behavior is unacceptable. They want to lose weight, to be smaller, to look better, but not at the expense of changing their eating habits, and for many, certainly not if they have to exercise! It just seems too hard, and for many, after repeated attempts and failures, it’s just not realistic.
This is where hypnosis comes in. Hypnosis is NOT a magic wand, but for those who understand, and accept, the fact that they need to change their relationship with food, it can make that transition much quicker, more enjoyable, and permanent.
After working with hundreds of weight loss clients over the years I have identified certain patterns and similarities in regard to weight loss obstacles. I’ve narrowed these patterns and similarities down to six and created not only a 6-pack of hypnosis recordings addressing each topic, but also a 12-hour weight loss workshop that addresses each topic in detail. (If you are interested in more information about the 6-pack of hypnosis recordings and/or the corresponding workshop, just click here: 12 Week Self-Guided Hypnosis Weight Loss Program download, Weight Loss Workshop)
The 6 Most Popular Weight Loss Topics:
- Simply knowing what to eat, when, and how much. There are so many fad diets today, so many taboos about what to eat, what not to eat, that a lot of people feel overwhelmed when it comes to knowing exactly where to start. I have a list of healthy eating recommendations that works as a standalone program or in conjunction with any commercial eating plan, such as Weight Watchers, the Paleo Diet and so on. Hypnosis is very helpful in establishing a routine that is easy to follow, predictable, simple to remember, and simple to use.
- We all have dysfunctional beliefs and behaviors that get in the way of our weight loss success. For example, you may believe that you struggle with weight because you’re big boned, or your metabolism is slow, or perhaps you’ve gone through menopause. These are beliefs, not facts. You may be big boned, but if you are overweight, it’s not because you have big bones, it’s because you’re not eating right and probably not getting enough physical activity! It’s very interesting to explore the stories we tell ourselves about why we don’t accomplish things that we truly desire. Hypnosis makes it easy to stop beating the drum of false beliefs, and get on with your weight loss goals!
- In line with looking at the false beliefs that keep us overweight are the excuses we use to justify, justify, justify! Through the use of hypnosis, we are able to let go of the excuses we use to put off what we really want, which is to eat right and be healthy! We all have excuses. Excuses include blaming people at work for bringing in candy, blaming our kids or spouses because they eat junk, blaming the weather for our lack of exercise, blaming our work schedules. I’ll bet you’re thinking of a few excuses of your own right now! It’s time to get honest with yourself, and see those excuses for what they are.
- We all have cravings – some for sugar, some for salt, and some for both! Hypnosis is a very effective means of getting rid of cravings. Did you know that a craving cannot exist without a story behind it? Think about it. How empowering does it feel to know that simply by learning to shut off your mind chatter about food, you can put a stop to those cravings? It’s very empowering, and the ability to shut off the mind chatter related to food cravings can be used with many other things as well!
- Maintaining your standards in social situations can be a challenge. Many of my clients say they are faced with difficult food choices every where they turn! And it’s true, everywhere you go there is food! We see it at work, during meetings, in the staff room, the receptionist desk, at church, sporting events, and, lest we forget, Costco! We go to birthday parties, holiday parties, retirement parties, weddings, funerals; everywhere we go people are trying to feed us!!! And let’s face it, when you’re already overweight it’s easy to develop an attitude of, “Why not? I’m already overweight; one more little cookie isn’t going to make that much difference anyway!” It can be tough ignoring all that temptation consistently. Through the use of hypnosis and reframing food as nothing more than a prop in social situations, you can learn to ignore the temptations that surround us all in our daily lives.
- Getting and staying motivated to exercise is a very common obstacle to weight loss. What would you say if I told you that, by using hypnosis, you can actually learn to enjoy exercise? It’s a fact! I spend a lot of time exercising with walking groups, exercise classes, or at the gym, and I can honestly say that I have never heard anyone express regret at having exercised! Nor have I ever been sorry at the end of a workout. I like to save the topic of learning to enjoy exercise for last when working with clients, because by the time they are ready for this hypnosis topic, they have already addressed and eliminated most of the false beliefs and excuses related to exercise.
As I always say, hypnosis is not magic, but it can make all the difference in the world when it comes to losing weight permanently. Although we all have our individual issues with our eating and exercise habits, the 6 topics describe above are quite common amongst many of us. Addressing these topics one at a time, either face to face through individual hypnosis sessions, by listening to downloadable hypnosis recordings, or in a group setting by attending a weight loss workshop, can set you up for long term success regarding your weight loss.
If you are ready to change your eating habits, and understand that you have to increase your physical activity at the same time, let hypnosis help. It’s not magic, but it sure makes things easy!